Some may be alarmed when informed of the need for a psychological evaluation or “testing.” A referral for testing simply means that you or a healthcare provider need additional information to best understand how to help. Comprehensive psychological testing is intended to help develop those individually-tailored recommendations for care.
We currently offer psychological testing services for ages 6 and older.
Common Reasons for Referral:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Diagnostic Clarification (e.g., anxiety, depression, mood, personality traits)
- Academic/Learning Disability
- Cognitive/Intellectual Ability
3 Step Process:
1) A Consultation Session is used to learn about your current concerns, gather background information, and decide on testing goals. We will also determine whether to proceed with testing or if a referral for alternative services is more appropriate.
2) The Testing Session will usually take a half day to a full day with time allotted for breaks. Testing may include:
- Clinical Interview
- Review of Records
- Intelligence Tests
- Achievement Tests
- Behavior Inventories
- Personality and Symptom Assessments
- Objective Computer Tests
3) A Feedback Session is used to discuss the results and recommendations.
To schedule Psychological Testing, please call our Psychological Testing Intake Coordinator, Dr. Kelly Spegel, at 616-773-2908 x117 or call any of our affiliated providers:
- *Kelly Spegel, PhD, Limited Licensed Doctoral Psychologist (x117)
- Stephanie Lonsway, PhD, Licensed Psychologist (x105)
- Garrett Weatherhead, PhD, Licensed Psychologist (x106)
*Supervised by Dr. Lonsway