How to Get Started
We recommend calling the provider you are interested in directly to ask questions and schedule. If you need assistance choosing a provider or have questions about IHC, please call our Intake Coordinator at (616) 773-2908 x100. If calling specifically for testing services, please call our Psychological Testing Intake Coordinator, Dr. Kelly Spegel, at (616) 773-2908 x117. It is also helpful to call your insurance company (phone number is usually on the back of your insurance card) before contacting us to understand your outpatient behavioral health benefits, whether you need a prior authorization or referral, whether your provider is an in-network provider, and what your financial responsibility will be (e.g., deductible, co-pay, co-insurance). We can’t wait to hear from you!
Counseling costs with graduate student interns are $20 per session.
What to Anticipate for Your First Visit
At your first appointment you will be welcomed at our main check-in (located in our Child and Family Services waiting room) by our office administrator. Please be prepared to provide your insurance card and proof of identification (e.g., Driver’s License or other ID). Your provider will also review legal and physical custody paperwork (if it applies) and will ask about current medications (type, dosage, who prescribes). If your appointment is in the evening, please go to the waiting room for your provider and they will greet you directly.
Once you are checked-in, we will provide you with our standard intake paperwork packet, which includes:
- Contact Information
- Consent to Insurance Billing
- Professional Disclosure and Client Services Agreement
- HIPPA Notice
- Release of Information (ROI; not required; suggested for PCPs, psychiatrists, or others who are active in your care)
- Credit Card Authorization (available should you prefer to keep a card on file for convenience)
- Background Information Form
- Brief Symptom Questionnaires
The rest of the initial consultation is spent discussing your presenting concerns, treatment goals, and other relevant bio-psycho-social-spiritual information. Our team values your comfort and will do our best to make this a welcoming experience.
If you and your provider decide to continue working together, then additional appointment(s) will be scheduled.
After the First Visit
Most of our providers meet with clients on a weekly basis for a 45-55 minute session. The frequency and length of time of your appointments will depend on your needs. Appointments are usually scheduled for a regularly scheduled day and time to ensure our availability to you and to allow for arrangements to be made for childcare, if needed.
Payment is expected at the time of service. Our providers accept private pay and insurance. Your financial responsibility is determined by your insurance benefits, or, if private pay, upon the fee schedule of the provider.
Most of our providers accept most insurances. Most insurances cover outpatient behavioral health services. Please contact your insurance company directly with your provider’s name to verify that they are an in-network provider with your plan.
- ASR (Physician’s Care)
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Cross Blue Shield Complete
- EAP (Employee Assistant Program) – Health Advocate, ACI Special Benefits, Carebridge, Workplace Options)
- HAP (Health Alliance Plan)
- Humana / Humana Military (formerly Tricare)
- Molina/Molina Marketplace
- Priority Health HMO/PPO Medicaid and Medicare
- United Behavioral Health / United Health Care/Optum/Golden Rule
- Value Options / Beacon Health